Matching a viewport to a make 2d

Hello
I am working on a site plan perspective for a class project. I need to make updates to the drawing that was completed over a month ago, but I seem to have deleted the exact viewport that the original make 2d was taken from. I have the make 2d within the same file still. My question is, is there a way for me to use the make 2d as an overlay somehow to get the viewport exactly where it was previously? I need to take some new renderings but I really do not have time to redo the entire drawing.

i hope this makes sense

Probably easiest is to take a screenshot of the Make2D in the Top viewport, then insert the image as a Wallpaper in the Perspective viewport. Then start tumbling your model around and panning/zooming to try and match the image. You can get close, but it never will be exact.

thank you for your answer. That is pretty much what I have been doing. Do you know if there is any way to rate the world around a point that i have matched already? Like set up a corner that is east to overlay and then rotate the world around that point to match in a different area?

rotate^

Have you tried PerspectiveMatch?

1 Like

I have not, but I will take a look. Thank you

You can place the camera target at that point - with the Perspective viewport active, in Properties, punch the Target Location “Place” button and snap to the point. The view should then orbit around that point.

1 Like