Match UV scale of 2 objects

Hello,

I was wondering how you can make the uv scale of two objects to match?
I have tons of objects and don’t want to re scale each object in the UV editor.

Thanks!

(Pascal Golay) #2

Hi Philippe - I’m not sure if it’s what you’re after but `Reparameterize’ may help.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal, I don’t think this what I am after… let me explain again, I have many objects, if I add a tiled texture to them (UV), the scaling of the tiling is different between them, so I was wondering if you can apply the UV scale of one object to all objects? With Box for instance this is can be done easily using “match mapping”.

(Vanessa Steeg) #4

Hi @Philippe1! Maybe the MatchMapping command is what you’re looking for.

Hi Vanessa, Match mapping doesn’t match the scale for UV’s, it does for box.

(Andrea Montis) #6

What make engineare you using?

With V-ray you can use the triplanar mapping… :wink:

Hi Pitti, I’m exporting to c4d and then using octane, displacement is for the moment only working with UV mapping. So I am stuck to using that.

(Andrea Montis) #8

ok, so you must unwrap your model in c4d.
Put attention to the texture, you have a square texture i suppose.

Then I will change the repetition of the texture for every object to have the same size for all the objects…

no need for unwrapping, i am importing the rhino model straight into c4d with rhino UV’s. But I think it doesn’t matter what engine is rendering it, it starts within rhino itself, scale is determined there.

(Andrea Montis) #10

So you want your default uv mappung of rhino surfaces to be al the same size… fof different objects?

mmmm, i don’t know…

I give up, I guess you should have surfaces with the same degree and the same number of control points and the same parameterization of cp…

one workaround, a very primitive one, is to connect the objects, make union, and then disconnect.
as I said very primitive :slight_smile: