Match Text not returning positive values

Hi all,

A rather simple issue which for some reason I cannot figure out;
A Tmatch component has a list of two branches which it is trying to match with another list of two branches. For some reason, I keep getting negative matches even though they are positive. I am not sure what the underlying issue is?

The contents for the pattern are similar in index item 0 to 2 in the first branch, yet returns no values for the corresponding grafted trees {0;1} and {0;2}. Additionally branch {0;3} also seems to be empty while there should be plenty of positive matches.

I added two starts text to the pattern text because I care about all the items which include this text, amongst other text.

Thank you!

Why Empty.gh (14.1 KB)

its a branching issue.

Does Member Index work better in this case?

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately member Index does not quite do the job as I am also interested in indexes where only part of the text matches, hence the * * I add.

I’m not sure what you mean by branching issue? Can it be resolved, or do we need to think of a workaround?

You have two main branches {0}{1}

you grafted the 8 text items that were also in {0}{1} so now they don’t match {0;0-3}{1;0-3}. you would need to have corresponding main branches as well (duplicating data), or do the text matches separately.

sorry heading out the door.

2 Likes

Thank you. Your explanation helped me to resolve my issue. Looks like I need to work on branch structure some more :).

Why Empty.gh (26.0 KB)