Match rebuilding curves

Over here match is making a mess of the curve to change, it gets rebuild with a whole bunch of points and a crazy high degree (it seems to be 11 points degree 10 over here)

Sam

Hi Sam- can you post or send me the curve? I know there is one thing about Match raising the degree that I’ve been meaning to ask the developer about that sounds a bit like what you describe (though the degree should not go over 5 as far as I know…)
thanks,
-Pascal

This is on 6.0.15076.10541, 3/17/2015, for me it seems any curve gets over rebuilt. Here is an example, match the curve to the line, continuity = Curvature, preserve other end = none, and all check cleared.

MatchRebuild.3dm (42.1 KB)

Hi Sam- thanks, this does not happen here in the latest… so, please check the next WIP build and see if there is any difference. Are you just running Match off of the menu or command line - that is, no macro or script in involved, right?

-Pascal

Will do. I checked and it doesn’t seem to be any crazy alias or script I set up, command line and menu give the same result. I’ll give a holler on the next WIP.

Sam

Just for the record, this is the glitch I was running into that you reminded me of -

http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-30017

-Pascal

I tried this in the 3/17 build and got the degree 10 result. I don’t get it with the latest code.

Coo’. Thanks.

-Pascal