Mapping wish: match single object size during multiple selction

Hi,

from time to time I run in the situation that I need to apply a object-size-matching mapping to many objects. For example I have a train with flat light objects on the ceiling, each one should get a planar mapping matching the bounding box. It’s a lot of clicks to select object by object and press the object-size-match-button. Please add the function for matching single objects in multiple selection. Maybe it can be added as right mouse button click on the current mapping object match button.

Ciao,
Micha

Hi Micha- as far as I can see that works as you are asking - you can select multiple objects and click the Match Mapping button once - do you not see that, or am I missing the point of your request?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

I mean the button that match the mapping widget to the object size. Works great for one object. If I select multiple objects the bounding box of all object together is used (also useful for some cases), but I miss that each object get the own sized widget. (Sorry for my bad english.)

Ciao,
Micha

Hi Micha - I get it now, thanks - I was looking at MatchMapping. So, as UI, would you want a ‘Per object’ checkbox there?

I’ll see if I can figure out a short term solution with a script or something in V5.

-Pascal

Yes, sounds good. Something for v5 could be nice.

Thanks,
Micha