Mapping issues (Refreshshade ineffective) - Block edit stops render

We have an office-wide problem where mapping of objects (often boxmapping) do not affect objects. This did happen in Rhino 5 too, but not nearly as often and it was for the most part easy to fix with a RefreshShade command. Now this do not fix it, and we have to use the more agressive Explode-Join technique.
Is this a commen issue others experience as well, and is there a know cause we can try to avoid? I cant include a file which will show the issue, since it seems to happen a bit at random. Of cause it do not, but i havent found the link to a specific action yet.

An other issue which has reviled itself is when rendering (in V-ray), the render stops if we use blockedit. The render also somtimes stops if we use hide, Showselected, isolate and other commands which seem to lock or interact with the geometry. This seems to be general, and not model specific. Can other confirm they get the same error?

Similar to my other post, this seems overlooked in the masses of posts lately. Clearly some other must be encountering the same issues, since we are at least five who have had the issue repeatedly here in the office?

I don’t recall having read about this problem before and without a way to reproduce the issue, there is little we can do. If you find some rationale behind the occurrence, please let us know.

With regard to the V-ray issue, if this is solely V-ray specific, please either post a question in the V-ray section here or contact Chaos Group.

I just tested to see how common the issue would be, and i made one extrusion, Copied it four times, one scaled 1d, one just rotated and one cut with a line and then closed. All failed to map with a rhino native material i just made. Only the cut/capped one did it right. It may be because this is a polysrf and not an extrusion?
Rhino_Mapping_issue.3dm (8.5 MB)
When you open the file, you may need to apply a local texure to see the issue, but try typing refreshshade on some of them. It does nothing. But Explode - Join does the trick. Then the applied mapping occurs.

Ony thing we may be doing differently is a mapping alias i have made:
AB2: ! _ApplyBoxMapping _Diagonal _Cube 0 2000,2000,2000 _Yes 1
But i just tried with the normal applyboxmapping command and then just boundingbox - Same issue.