Making money with Rhino

Pretty much the same thing here, Bill. I went from being a designer maker to a full time project manager but decided to go back to design after 8 years. Best decision I ever made… Rhino is the key to most of my work 2D and 3D including Photoshop and Illustrator.

I work from home but most of my clients are from all four corners of the globe. Even though I voted to remain in the EU the decision to leave has worked out OK so far, most of my invoices are in USD :smile:

Being able to offer studio quality at a third of the price keeps me very busy and my clients very happy. Repetitive work is OK but I’m happier when I’m scratching my head trying to work something out I’ve never done before. Most of the stuff I do is one off bespoke and large scale, not many products as of yet.

As David Bowie is quoted as saying:

“If you feel safe in the area you’re working in, you’re not working in the right area. Always go a little further into the water than you feel you’re capable of being in. Go a little bit out of your depth. And when you don’t feel that your feet are quite touching the bottom, you’re just about in the right place to do something exciting.”

6 Likes

Draftsman can quote by the job or by the hr. So if i quote 1000 hrs and it only takes me 100 hrs in Rhino (vs 1000+ in other softwares) i would say i’m making monies via Rhino.