Making Boat covers and upholstery

We have been designing and manufacturing boat canvas goods and upholstery “all” within Rhino and no secondary software for close on 10 years now.
I have looked at Exactflat but don’t really see what that would add to our work process, especially considering the cost.
Link to our site is here www.tecsew.com

Hi Richard.
No Exactflat, just Rhino.

Hi Eric, it’s good to know the videos helped.
Are you on the Marine Canvas and Upholstery facebook forum?

No I don’t bother with that forum, I keep in touch with my American canvas pals on closed Facebook pages, john is on one of them :grinning: problem is most of them use pattern material of some sort so not much help on digital stuff. I have a couple of tops ready to fit next week so we will see how it goes . BrianM on here has been helping me no end with rhino advice so it’s getting closer to knowing what I’m doing :grinning: JB said start on 2d but where’s the fun in that ! Did I see you guys have a new proliner ? Edit # I just got your username it is JB… DOH silly me. You know if you’re bored JB you are welcome to come to my little shop in Norfolk and get this carrot cruncher up to speed :grinning: I could take on those jobs up here that are too far away for you.

1 Like

If ever in the area, I would love to call in on you.
We can also supply you with most work on our website if it’s ever of interest, we supply a few canvas makers on occasion.

Anytime you like JB, you might be unimpressed with my tiny little canvas shop but you’re always welcome . I’ll pm you my details on facebook…

Have you looked at Prosail? I am a 1 man Canvas Shop also looking to get into the
3d boat cover design and fabricate of marine canvas… I am just starting to learn Rhino
and hope next year to buy a Prosail unit…

1 Like

hey, I have just installed a conveyor CNC cutter from AOL. it’s chinese but seems to work well… so far :slight_smile:

1 Like