Make2d with Blocks

I am trying to use the new make2d and found a couple bugs when using blocks. In the example I have two objects on different layers. If I turn one layer off, make2D still creates the linework for the object hidden. Also looks like there is linework missing.

Make2D-Block.3dm (94.4 KB)

Hi Dennis - as far as I can see it creates curves for the off layers and then turns off these layers in the output… dunno if that is a good thing or not but it feels like it is by design. (@rajaa, do you know?). I do see that the overall set of curves is missing some for the block vs. the result from an exploded block.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-35710
thanks,

-Pascal

That might be true if you choose the “Maintain Source Layers” but if choose “From Input Objects” it puts the hidden lines on a visible layer.

The missing curves looks like a bug to me.

I see that if you select “Maintain Source Layer” It generates, then hides the layers of those parts from hidden layers. This might be acceptable (or even expected) behavior. But the other two options under “object properties” output the curves from hidden layers (undesirable).
Do you like to exclude block objects in hidden layers from the output in all “object properties” options?

I wouldn’t see any reason to generate hidden layers for objects that are hidden from view. Maybe someone has a good reason for but I can’t think of any right now.

RH-35710 is fixed in the Nov 8 2011 WIP.