Make2D not working properly - Rhino 6 Windows

Thanks for posting the file. This is a great example that hits all the weaknesses of Make2d.

1. Units The combination of Model Tolerance, units, size and location.
    First how its supposed to work. Tolerance is the desired accuracy of the result. I use model where it is in the coordinates its stored in. I use double precision computer arithmetic that has about 16 accurate digits. Since this model has coordinates with 7 digits before the decimal point and a tolerance = .0001 of 4 digits after decimal point that means I need to always get 11 accurate digits. This is too much precision. Tolerance should not be more than .01 for this model and moving it toward the origin will make things even better.

This is such a common problem I am going to have to try and make it work better. If the tolerance is too tight I should just use a looser tolerance. If the the objects are too far from the origin I should just make copies of everything and move the copies .

1. Intersections between objects. The ground plane cuts through the middle of the buildings.
    Make2d will not find these intersections and will not produce a clean drawing without them.
    The general solution is to run the intersect command to produce intersection curves and then run Make2d including these curves. This makes the results much better but I am not seeing intersection curves in the result. I’ll take a look at that.
3 Likes