Of course I can post the file, but it is more like a version specific problem because I can easily reproduce the issue on the specific version of rhino. I have three computers two with the latest version of rhino (6.14.19078.12411, 3/19/2019), and one with older version (6.12.19029.6381, 1/29/2019).
- make sure you have the latest version of rhino (6.14.19078.12411, 3/19/2019)
- make a solid box
- in top view, make2d of the box
- it creates rectangle of the box
- make a clipping plane, and locate it either high up above or far below so it does not cut the box
- make2d of everything on the screen in top view
- it creates rectangle - the mere existence of the clipping plane seems not be the cause of the issue.
- move the clipping plane so it cuts through the box
- in top view, make sure you see the section, in other words, set the clipping plane cut through in the top view.
- make2d - no 2d cut will be produced.
it might not be the issue of the version, in which case something must have gone wrong with the copy installed on my computers. but the same happens on two computers, so i suspect it is the version specific issue.
please let me know if you can reproduce the issue, that will be much appreciated.