Make 2D issues

ive been working in this file and the other day i was able to make 2D of my model but everytime i try to do it now i get the error “no output geometry found, nothing done”. i have no idea what to do to fix this, please help.

thank you

Help !
In Rhino 7 The Make2D function works well when selecting a small number of objects
but when selecting a large number of objects the make2D function is not done correctly or even at all.

However this function worked correctly in Rhino 6

Hi - we will need files to be able to tell what’s going on in any of these cases.
-wim

hi, how do i share my files to you

Hello - if you have an example file that shows the problem, please post the file here or send to tech@mcneel.com, and please include a link back to this topic in your comments.

-Pascal

the file is too big to send on here or through email, could i send it over WeTransfer?

i sent a WeTransfer, please let me know if it works. thank you

Hello- I have your file, thanks, I’ll take a look.

-Pascal

1 Like

@khadijaw604 - Run SelBadObjects and Delete - there are corrupt, somehow, clipping planes in the file.

-Pascal

I’m having the same issue… looking for 4 view drawings. The isometric is not generated with the note that ‘no output geometry found’. However when I use it for current view output it works fine. This is doubling the amount of work I need to do, so a resolution would help greatly. I used selbadobjects and none were found

Hello- please post a file or send to tech@mcneel.com with a link back here in your comments.

-Pascal

Just sent. Before sending the file I moved the assembly near to the origin (original position roughly x = -1000” )… moving it to the origin now its working.

Hello- as the file opens the objects are only visible in Top, not in the other viewports - if you Zoom Extents All (ZEA), then Make2D, does that get you what you need?
-Pascal

1 Like

That made it work with this file. It also made it work in the original file where the extents are much larger.
Thank you.
But I’m not sure why you can only see it in the Top view… its clearly visible in all views for me.
thanks
Darron