Macro for Mirror around Y-Axis?

Question, well 2 … do you need the _Copy=Yes? I have been using the macro all morning and it copies for me.

the 0,0,0,1 is ? … X,Y,Z, ? World coordinates? I still am not sure I really understand the difference between Plane & world.

Thanks, «Randy

The copy option is sticky.
So if you switched it off using mirror command somewhere else then Copy=Yes makes sure it’s back on for your mirror across axis. A safeguard really in case you have since had copy=no.

1 Like

Thanks @mvyess , a better to be safe situation, I will update my macro.

Well=Yes… :smile:

Copy options are “sticky” so if you set it to No at some point within a session (rare, but I do occasionally mirror without copying), and then you use the macro, you will not get a copy. With Copy=Yes in the macro, it insures that you will get a copy when you run it, no matter what the previous setting was. If it’s already set to Yes, it doesn’t matter…[quote=“rhinorudi, post:21, topic:37978”]
the 0,0,0,1 is ? … X,Y,Z, ? World coordinates?
[/quote]

These are current CPlane coordinates. 0,0,0 would be the CPlane origin (0,0 is also - if no 3rd coordinate is entered, Z is assumed to be 0, and you can also simply put 0); 0,1 is a point on the CPlane Y axis - the second point of the mirror (it could also be written 0,1,0); so the mirror plane is the CPlane YZ axis in this case.

If you want to force World coordinate mirroring with a macro it’s a little complicated, as you can force world coordinates by typing a “w” in front ot the coordinates, but you also have to change the current CPlane in whatever viewport is active to World and then change it back. For this I prefer a script which is more non-invasive if something goes wrong.

–Mitch

1 Like

The vector source for all the icons? I don’t know that we’ve published this (not to say that we wouldn’t …we have for most everything else). Lemme do some checking.

Hi @dan I did find this on the McNeel Wiki Toolbar Images, mostly about editing for Windows but about ¾ of the way down are some AI & png downloads. This will help I think.

What I think we need is a size for Mac. I am not sure if customizing toolbars & Icons is in the Mac help, I will check later. Is Mary doing the Mac Help?

«Randy

We have a private repository with all the vector-source for the rhino toolbar images. I’m not sure why it’s not public…but I can check. In the meantime, I support I can work on getting a usable version from the mac source. 90% of the tool palette icons are pulled out of a large pdf.

-Dan

@margaret is responsible for all the help documentation.

Hi @dan, the Illustrator download on the link I posted works for me. They may have made a PDF from that. The vectors are better than png for me. I might get some time tomorrow to play with artwork, yes!

Thanks, «Randy

Oh, ok. Good! One less thing to do. Let me know if you need something that is missing…I can probably hunt down the resource without too much effort.

Thanks, but go back to more important work, like selection filter for MacRhino, kidding … Grasshopper, notice I didn’t say Explicit History, is more important for now and probably lots of things I don’t see directly.

Best ! from here, «Randy