Mac user guide - (discussion thread)

hey @Eva

the guide is pinned at the top of the rhino for mac forum :wink:

http://discourse.mcneel.com/t/users-guide-with-tutorials/7602

1 Like

I’m glad to see this guide as well – and the online version, too (at the same link Jeff pointed out)! Related, the inclusion of the Help in the right column of MacRhino is EPIC!!! (Am I the only one who has to click on the animations several times to get them to play – as was also the case in the older online version (using Safari browser)).

Out of curiosity, is RMA going to handle Windows / Mac guides (PDF and online) separately? Coordination between them seems like a pretty big task, but a nice touch until/if the interface becomes more similar between both versions in the future.

I’m not yet able to review these two Mac specific guides in depth, but a couple quick thoughts:

1. In future MacRhino releases it might be nice to have a link under the Help menu, shown as Beta-Guide so people (not addicted to this forum!) know where to find them?
  2. I noticed that the snaps shown in the PDF (pages in the mid 50’s-60’s) look like the Windows version?
    vs.
    (left image from PDF, right image from MacRhino)

BTW: Right-clicking to get the secondary command on the tool icons works for me @jeff_hammond. Using a Logitech mouse.

Good luck with this effort!

~Dave

1 Like

yeah, it works for me too now… i didn’t realize it was a preference setting until marlin chimed in… default is option-left click …it does seem like default should be set to right-click since that’s how windows rhino does it.

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback, All. I’m still working on getting this document worked out. There are a number of places where the Windows/Mac differences were not tagged correctly. I’ll get these fixed for an updated version.