Mac rhino v6 wip, bugs

(Andrew Haythornthwaite) #1

Hello,

I recently installed rhino V6 WIP for Mac, and there are some great new features and interfaces…

However, after working with it for a day, I have had to moved back to V5, as there are a fair few bugs which I have noticed straight out. I am assuming these will be all fixed up when the commercial version is released, but though I would share,

1. Print: When printing, and saving as PDF, line weights are not supported, and arcs and curves become distorted.

2. there does not seem to be a ‘setcurrentdimstyle’ option available anymore

3. The inverse hide selection is not working effectively

4. there are issues when creating groups, and then selecting the group: for some reason, when creating a group, and then when wanting to select that group, it does select all the object in the group, only the object selected

5. When selecting an object, some times it remains selected even when clicking off the object, or pressing escape.

6. Selecting objects: not always does it select all the objects when selecting from left to right, even though they are ungrouped objects.

7. In general, I have found it to be much slower and a bit more clunky / delayed when panning / zooming in the space

Im sure these are all probably in development, but though I would share… Otherwise - very much looking forward to when all those bugs are fixed and to migrating over! : ]

Thanks,

Andrew

(John Brock) #2

Please run the V6 “SystemInto” command and reply with the results.

As we and others go through your list, we may be asking for specific examples if we can not duplicate your observations.

Thanks

(John Brock) #3

I am assigning print width to layers, drawing lines on those layers, and printing to PDF.
I am getting printed line widths.

Please post a small sample file with any specific instructions needed to show what you reported.

Arcs and curves are not being distorted when printed here.

Thanks

(John Brock) #4

SetCurrentAnnotationStyle is the V6 command name.

“Swap Hidden and Visible Objects” is working as expected.
What specifically are you doing to see that it is not working?

As to Groups, selection depends on the command selection filters.
Please provide a specific example that illustrates the problem.

Please provide a sequence of steps to show the selection/no selection problem.

Left to Right selection must completely surround an object to select it.
Right to Left selection is a “crossing” selection window (it’s visibly dashed), and only has to touch, not fully surround the object.

No performance work has been done for Mac V6 yet.

should this thread be in the ‘Serengeti/Mac’ section ?

(John Brock) #6

Yes.
I changed the category.

(Andrew Haythornthwaite) #7

HI John ,

Please find attached 2 PDF documents.

both with exactly the same layer settings and print widths / colors, etc.

as you will see, the PDF with file ending in V6 WIP is the pdf saved from the new V6 WIP rhino… And the arcs have gone funny, and there is no variations in the line weights.

MA&BE _ CONDIMENTS TRAY _ 2018.10.04.pdf (39.8 KB)
MA&BE _ CONDIMENTS TRAY _ V6 WIP _ 2018.10.04.pdf (33.9 KB)

Thanks,
Andrew

(Andrew Haythornthwaite) #8

So, when I select invert hide selection, it hide the selection, rather than hiding the all the other objects.

Yes - I understand the ‘left to right’ vs the ‘right to left’ which I use effectively in V5, however in V6, on my computer, when selecting from left to right, it does not always select all the objects which I have completely surrounded. But works fine in V5 on my computer.

Maybe my selection filter is wrong for V6, but again works fine in V5 on my computer.
When I group a series of objects, I select all the object either by right to left or left to right selection, or by holding shift and selecting each object. I then press cmd+G. And usually, in V5, I select any object within the group and it selects the whole group. In V6, when I make a group, and when I got to select it by clicking on a object within the group, it only selects the object itself.

(Andrew Haythornthwaite) #9

Hi, And here is the systeminfo pasted below.

Rhino 6 SR11 2018-10-2 (Public Build, 6.11.18275.12016, Git hash:master @ d78712fd9dafadb872ea02627ab9759113ea6615)
Licence type: Beta, build 2018-10-02
License details: Cloud Zoo. In use by: andrew haythornthwaite ()
Expires on: 2018-11-16

Apple Intel 64-bit macOS Version 10.13.6 (Build 17G65) (Physical RAM: 16Gb)
Machine name: Andrew’s MacBook Pro

AMD Radeon Pro 560 OpenGL Engine (OpenGL ver:4.1 ATI-1.68.20)

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Height

Vendor Name: ATI Technologies Inc.
Render version: 4.1
Shading Language: 4.10
Driver Date: (null)
Driver Version: (null)
Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 1536 MB

/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhCore.framework/Resources/ManagedPlugIns/RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 6.11.18275.12016
/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/PlugIns/NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots” 6.11.18275.1002
/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/PlugIns/RhinoBonusTools.rhp “Rhino Bonus Tools” 6.11.18275.1002
/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/PlugIns/PanelingTools.rhp “PanelingTools” 6.11.18275.1002
/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/PlugIns/AnimationTools.rhp “AnimationTools” 6.11.18275.1002
/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhCore.framework/Resources/ManagedPlugIns/Commands.rhp “Commands” 6.11.18275.12016
/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhMaterialEditor.framework “Renderer Development Kit” 6.11.18275.1002
/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/PlugIns/Alerter.rhp “Alerter” 6.11.18275.1002
/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhCore.framework/Resources/ManagedPlugIns/RDK_EtoUI.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 6.11.18275.12016
/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/PlugIns/Displacement.rhp “Displacement” 6.11.18275.1002
/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhCore.framework/Resources/ManagedPlugIns/GrasshopperPlugin.rhp “Grasshopper” 6.11.18275.12016
/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhCore.framework/Resources/ManagedPlugIns/RhinoDLR_Python.rhp “IronPython” 5.1.2015.132
/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/PlugIns/RhinoRender.rhp “Rhino Render” 6.11.18275.1002

(OXII) #10

Mine crashed while messing around with sun position dialogue box.

(Andrew Haythornthwaite) #11

Do you mean that is why It could generally be running slower?

I have also noticed that it seems to crash a bit swell, FYI,

Thanks

(John Brock) #12

We need your Rhino 3dm file to see how line widths are setup for printing

Thanks

(Andrew Haythornthwaite) #13

Please find attached files.

MA&BE _ CONDIMENT TRAY _ 2018.10.04 _ V5.pdf (40.9 KB)
MA&BE _ CONDIMENT TRAY _ 2018.10.04 _ V6 WIP.pdf (35.2 KB)
MA&BE _ CONDIMENT TRAY _ 2018.10.04 _ V5.3dm (4.1 MB)
MA&BE _ CONDIMENT TRAY _ 2018.10.04 _ V6 WIP.3dm (4.5 MB)

What I have noticed, is that when printing to raster, it prints the line weights correctly, and does not deform the arcs.

When printing to vector, that when it has the problems.

I have had this happen also. It just seems to happen randomly (in whatever file). At first everything is working normally, but after a while ‘invert’ doesn’t work anymore. Closing and reopening Rhino helps.

There are other commands that also misbehaves in the same way - I just can’t remember which right now…

I have sent in all crash reports I’ve had (there have been quite a few).

Philip

Is that by using the Invert command or when you use this “Invert Hide” macro from a button or so?

Both actually… I have my “invert hide” button on my pop up and noticed that it does as the OP says from time to time (hiding the selected object and not inverting the selection first). When trying invert on its own after that nothing happens (typing the command). The command line says “invert” though…

Philip

(Andrew Haythornthwaite) #17

HI John Any luck since I have given you my rhino files?

Thanks,

Andrew

(John Brock) #18

As far as I can tell, you haven’t set up any printed line widths.
I Ungrouped your model and selected a curve.
Properties showed me your Print Width is set to By Layer.
However your Layers have no set Print Widths:

(Andrew Haythornthwaite) #19

The print widths are set under the Make 2D sub folders.

As you can see from my V5 PDF, it does print at the correct line widths, and as mentioned when I print 2 raster in V6 it works, it just does not work in vector.

(John Brock) #20

I added a few more print widths so they would be clearly visible as you only had one layer with a width set to it.
I’m getting printed line widths in Raster and Vector printing to PDF.
Vector.pdf (33.5 KB)
Raster.pdf (234.9 KB)