Mac Build 5A723 - Surface Analysis: Zebra and Environment Map do not work

5A783w works, but not on the first attempt. I have first to select and then clear the options in popup menu.
:thumbsup:

I still see the issue here too when in a shaded mode but emap looks correct in wireframe modes. Can you test that as well please? You can track the state of this bug in the link above too. I just reopened it.

Hi. If I start this command with all 4 views in wireframe mode, it works. But if I change only one view in shaded mode the problem reappears. It seems that the problem stays in memory if i jump back in wireframe mode (disappears only selecting some options in popup menu).

The behavior is abnormal. With some surfaces (hiding the other), and map works in all views. In other cases I display a ghost. I also revealed the loss of certain maps from the library that I used a lot (unfortunately I do not remember the name in English). I use a lot and e map and zebra.
chronology: Command: _Delete
1 curva aggiunta alla selezione.
Command: _Drag
Command: _Loft
Command: _Loft
Command: _MeshSplit
9 curve aggiunte alla selezione.
Command: _ShowSelected
Command: _Line
Inizio della linea ( DueLati Normale Angolata Verticale QuattroPunti Bisettrice Perpendicolare Tangente Estensione )_PersistentOnSurface
Command: _Line
Inizio della linea ( DueLati Normale Angolata Verticale QuattroPunti Bisettrice Perpendicolare Tangente Estensione )_PersistentOnSurface
Command: EstendiSrf
Command: EstendiCurvaSuSrf
Command: EstendiCurvaSuSrf
Command: _Trim
Command: _BlendCrv
1 superficie aggiunta alla selezione.
Command: _Hide
Command: _InterpCrv
Command: _PointsOn
1 punto di curva aggiunto/a/i/e alla selezione.
Command: _Delete
Annullamento Cancella
Command: _PointsOff
Command: _Rebuild
Deviazione massima = 3.68387e-13
Deviazione massima = 5.5477e-13
Deviazione massima = 5.5477e-13
Command: _Point
Posizione dell’oggetto punto_PersistentOnCurve
Command: _Sweep1
Command: _Extend
Selezionare gli oggetti limite o specificare la lunghezza dell’estensione. Premere Invio per l’estensione dinamica ( Tipo=Linea )_Enter
Selezionare la curva da estendere ( Tipo=Linea )_Type=_Line
Command: _Sweep1
Command: _EdgeSrf
Annullamento SrfCurveDiBordo
Command: _ExtractSrf
Una superficie estratta.
1 polisuperficie aggiunta alla selezione.
Command: '_Invert
1 estrusione, 3580 curve, 7 polisuperfici, 50 superfici aggiunto/a/i/e alla selezione.
Command: _-Hide
Selezionare le superfici da estrarre. Premere Invio al termine ( LivelloDiOutput=Input Copia=No )_Pause
Nome per il gruppo di oggetti da nascondere. Premere Invio per nascondere senza nominare.“A”
Command: _Enter
Command: '_SetView
Selezionare il sistema di coordinate ( PianoC Assoluto )_World
Selezionare la vista assoluta ( Superiore Inferiore Sinistra Destra Frontale Posteriore Prospettica ProspetticaDuePunti )_Perspective
Command: Zoom
Trascinare il riquadro di zoom ( Tutto Dinamico Estensione Fattore In Out Selezione Destinazione 1:1 )selezione
Command: _EMap
Command: _EMapOff
Command: _-Show
Nome per il gruppo di oggetti da mostrare. Premere Invio per mostrare tutti gli oggetti nascosti.“A”
Visualizzazione di 3638 oggetti nascosti.
Command: '_SetDisplayMode
Selezionare una modalitĂ  di visualizzazione ( Vista=Attiva ModalitĂ =Shadedcopia )"_Wireframe"
Modalità di visualizzazione impostata su “Wireframe”.
Selezionare una modalitĂ  di visualizzazione ( Vista=Attiva ModalitĂ =Wireframe )"_Shaded (copia)"
Modalità di visualizzazione impostata su “Shadedcopia”.
1 estrusione, 3580 curve, 7 polisuperfici, 50 superfici aggiunto/a/i/e alla selezione.
Selezionare una modalitĂ  di visualizzazione ( Vista=Attiva ModalitĂ =Wireframe )_Pause
Nome per il gruppo di oggetti da nascondere. Premere Invio per nascondere senza nominare.“A”
Command: _-Show
Nome per il gruppo di oggetti da mostrare. Premere Invio per mostrare tutti gli oggetti nascosti.“A”
Visualizzazione di 3638 oggetti nascosti.
1 estrusione, 3580 curve, 7 polisuperfici, 48 superfici aggiunto/a/i/e alla selezione.
Nome per il gruppo di oggetti da mostrare. Premere Invio per mostrare tutti gli oggetti nascosti._Pause
Selezionare una modalitĂ  di visualizzazione ( Vista=Attiva ModalitĂ =Shadedcopia )"_Wireframe"
Selezionare una modalitĂ  di visualizzazione ( Vista=Attiva ModalitĂ =Wireframe )"_Shaded (copia)"
Modalità di visualizzazione impostata su “Shadedcopia”.
2 superfici aggiunte alla selezione.
Selezionare una modalitĂ  di visualizzazione ( Vista=Attiva ModalitĂ =Wireframe )"_Shaded"
Modalità di visualizzazione impostata su “Ombreggiata”.
Command: _Zebra
Command: _ZebraOff
Selezionare una modalitĂ  di visualizzazione ( Vista=Attiva ModalitĂ =Ombreggiata )"_Wireframe"
e map.mp4 (17.0 MB)

Update. With the release of OS X 10.9.5 5A794w operation analysis tools has been restored with (at least in my case) a problem with surfaces with color display customized. In the first video you can see the behavior. In analysis zebra get a mix of custom color and white. In the second video, after removing the edges, created a surface and changed the color with those basic operation is correct. I report a sharp slowdown in the pan using the analysis tools active. I take this opportunity to thank all the staff of Rhino development that continues in the long process of optimization. Thanks! e map 5A794w.mp4 (11.7 MB) E map Rhino 5A795w.mp4 (11.0 MB)

Hi Simon - so far I do not see the washed out Zebra in the fist clip. In rendered views the underlying zebra color is the objects’ material color, in wireframe the underlying color is the object wireframe color and in Shaded the color is white by default- is that what you see?

-Pascal

In practice analysis in zebra surfaces with custom color displays about half white and half with the color (as well as ghosts). If the display color is the default, the view is the correct one to which we are accustomed.

With version 5A708w still have display problems with Zebra analysis. Using custom colors objects, you create a mix of white and custom color. Only in the perspective view, it creates ghost effect. However, the real big deal is another, with objects made of polysurfaces, it’s been about 70 seconds before the command analysis zebra was active and the object presented to the enormous problems of slowdown during the pan. As you know, it is essential to move and rotate the object in order to verify the behavior of zebra stripes.emap 05-02-15.mp4 (8.2 MB)

I’m not seeing the delay in running Zebra on a polysurface. If you can send the file into tech@mcneel.com we can make sure we’re looking at the same thing. Or post it here if you can.

In regards to what you show in the video, I wasn’t seeing it in 5A808w and then it intermittently began to show a white washed out appearance, I found that toggling the zebra stripe direction fixed this. Does that help on your end?

There’s a related bug that is still open here as well. http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/MR-1692

Hi Simon - do you have some custom settings for the analysis meshes?

-Pascal

Hi @pascal
Currently I have these settings.

OK, thanks… that should be fine, I would think. I doubt the setting is part of the problem then. Just as a test, (it will not look very good) please try setting ‘Densita’ to zero as well. Any faster?

-Pascal

Done. The faster the response of the command but still very slow pan object.

Hi Simon - so with very loose meshing, the delay in getting the display is less, or completely gone, or? For what it is worth, when I use the false color analysis display modes, I use it on one or two or just a few surfaces at a time - if you are using this on complex polysurfaces with a reasonably accurate analysis mesh, then it may well be slower. So, the next question is, does the exact same set of surfaces behave better if they are not joined? I would not expect a very large difference, depending on the number of edges that are joined (the meshing does get refined at the joined edges, potentially making a denser/slower mesh). I

thanks,

-Pascal

I just tried it. Indeed, using only surfaces the delay disappears.Also no longer it occurs the display problem that I have published in previous videos.

Simon, can you please check the normal direction on the joined and (some of) the unjoined surfaces (Dir command - Anlayze menu > Direction) Does the joined set point ‘inward’?

thanks,
-Pascal

The normals are all outward. I always do every time I create a surface.

OK- I just wondered if they stay outward when everything is joined up - of course they should if the object is closed but not necessarily if not.

-Pascal

I confirm the normal towards the external surfaces with polysurfaces.

Is there anyway to activate it permanently? I only have the Zebra analisys activated when I have the pop up open.

Thanks!