Loft or sweep multiple curves?

Hi!
I am trying to make cutters for pave. I want to either loft the two sets of circles, or i want to connect the circles by a line and sweep them.

however, it seems like the sweep and loft function of grasshopper is not as good as rhinos because when i run the command on the same set of curves, i get a good result in rhino but a poor result in grasshopper.

Issue 2: how to only loft or sweep the curves closest together so it’s not one giant mess, but separate lofts or sweeps that happen simultaneously.

however, it seems like the sweep and loft function of grasshopper is not as good as rhinos because when i run the command on the same set of curves, i get a good result in rhino but a poor result in grasshopper.

Issue 2: how to only loft or sweep the curves closest together so it’s not one giant mess, but separate lofts or sweeps that happen simultaneously.

Grasshopper uses the same loft, The difference is the selection, in Rhino you manually select what to loft, in Grasshopper you need to use lists to determine what to loft. If you do not understand lists and data trees you wont get very far with Grasshopper. Upload your file.

Also, see pages 79-120

Thank you for the response…yes i am a novice so it is all new. please see the curves i would like to sweep or loft.

curves for grasshopper loft or sweep.3dm (597.6 KB)

No Grasshopper file?

curves for grasshopper loft or sweep_re.gh (316.8 KB)

1 Like

Hi! thanks so much -
i was hoping i’d be able to figure out the next steps by myself but it is still beyond me how i would then loft a hexigon to the circles…i am attaching a file that has the circles and hexigons that are to be lofted or swept.