I am able to successfully run Compute on my windows machine and send requests to it from the same machine.
However, I can not access Compute from another machine on the same network. I set the IP address in the compute.rhino3d/src/compute.geometry/Config.cs file on line 44. Should I be doing something else?
AFAIK I am running a ‘Development’ environment (developing and testing code, local network, no windows server) and should therefor not set up CPU billing.
Hello. You should not need to change any of the Rhino.Compute code. Please follow these steps:
- If you have not already, please pull the latest Rhino.Compute repo src and build the solution.
- Set the following Environment Variable:
- Open a new powershell console and navigate to the Rhino.Compute build output. It should be in a path like C:<path on your computer>\compute.rhino3d\src\bin\Debug\rhino.compute
- run Rhino.Compute by typing
rhino.compute and pressing enter.
- Allow access to the Windows Firewall:
- After rhino.compute starts, you should be able to connect to the machine hosting rhino.compute from another machine on the same network by using the machine’s IP address and the 5000 port. For example: http://192.168.0.21:5000.
Please let us know if you run into any issues.
Thanks for the message. Is the above part of the documentation? Just wondering if there’s resources I have missed!
Nope. We are in the process of putting up a guide for this.