Loading grasshopper so long time

Hello to all dear subscribers
I have a problem loading grasshopper and while loading all components and plugins while writing “Loading user object write to CSV file” It takes a long time and often grasshopper doesn’t open and just locking on this page and I don’t know which plugin or file have problem to fix it
I would be appreciate if some one knows how to fix the problem
Bests

1 Like

Hi - have you checked the %appdata%\Grasshopper\UserObjects folder?
-wim

afaik Grasshopper is populating the interface when the progress is at 100%.

Hi
thank you so much for your response what should I check in this folder?

Hi
I didn’t understand what you mean?

You get loading errors in the command history, try to fix that as the first thing to do.

I do not have any errors why loading grasshopper

1 Like

I’ve been having the same problem now. Waiting for 5+ minutes for GH to load, no errors in the command line

@polforeman pls run _SystemInfo in Rhino and post back the results

maybe you’re having the same problem i had?
BUG? Very slow launch caused by recent files - Grasshopper - McNeel Forum

hi @Gijs ,
i have exactly the same problem. I start rhino, then open grasshopper and then by 100% the process is loading a few minutes. I have screenshots of the _Systeminfo run in Rhino. Could you help me please?
thanks a lot, michael

@Christian_Bews could you disable the plugins that are not native with GH and see if that resolves the issue?

Is this a new issue for you or do you recall when it started?

@Gijs
how can i do that?
this issue is new. i would say since two weeks. before christmas it has worked very well
thank you for your help!

GrasshopperLoadOneByOne After restarting Rhino, could be a way to exclude some plugins.

You can also temporarily move the files in this folder and restart Rhino

@Christian_Bews can you make a screenshot when it hangs at 100%?

@Gijs

@Gijs
i started rhino then grasshopperloadonebyone and then to all of the plugins no. is this correct?
if this way is right it seems to not be the issue

That’s not the way, no, since Grasshopper has also native plugins.
You could also do a binary search this way if you know how many plugins are loaded. Say no to the first half and see if the problem persists. Then restart Rhino and do the same with the second half. It’s a bit tedious though. I think the second method I advised is a good second thing to try, that will limit the possible causes.

@Christian_Bews sorry, I missed your screenshot before your later post. In that screenshot you can see there is a user object loading. Could you disable that and see if that resolves this issue?