Loading - export_IGES.rhp - not solved

A popup window with “Loading - export_IGES.rhp” appears the when Rhino opens for the first time after updating. This has been occurring for a while and is mildly annoying. I don’t recall ever having exported anything using IGES format.export_IGES%20popup

@John_Brock - JB, you were seeing this as well, weren’t you?

-Pascal

This is the result of the following:

a) You had Rhino 6 WIP installed
b) You had used IGES export in Rhino 6 WIP
c) You installed Rhino 6 commercial
d) You installed Rhino 7 WIP

Now, Rhino 7 WIP lives in the same location that Rhino 6 WIP used to live. And so it is incorrectly loading the wrong version of the IGES export plug-in.

To fix it, you can manually load the export_IGES.rhp file from the Rhino 6 install location, and the problem should go away.

@brian Thanks for the reply.
I do not normally use the IGES export plug-in. Can I permanently stop the attempts to load export_IGES.rhp file? If not then where do I

To manually load the export_IGES.rhp file:

1. Open Rhino
  2. From the Tools menu, click Options
  3. In the Plug-ins tab, click Install
  4. Browse to C:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 6\Plug-ins\export_IGES.rhp
  5. Close and restart Rhino

Now, the correct plug-in should load when you start.

(There’s a bug on my list to fix this in a more elegant way: RH-49042)

@brian Not solved. I followed the instructions in your posts above. After installing Version 6 SR13
(6.13.19058.371, 2/27/2019) the same message in a pop-up window appeared the first time I started Rhino 6. As previously it does not happen on subsequent starts, only on the first after an update.

This is not significant problem, just a minor irritation.

Do you also have Rhino WIP installed?

Yes. Current version of Rhino WIP is installed.

OK, then this is the same problem as https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-49042

So based on what is in myjetbrains the solution is to edit the register. I’ll live with the minor annoyance rather than risk more major problems.

The solution is to delete the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Plug-ins folder
Knowing that will also delete any per-user plug-in registrations for 3rd party plug-ins, and you’ll need to reload them by hand.
Or you can delete the registry entry for just this plugin.

I guess the fact that my Rhino V6 (SR 13) also has two IGES export plug-ins registered - and they both show as V7 plug-ins - is also related to this somehow?

Yes, I think so.

Is there any cure for this?
I’m still seeing it every time I open R6…

Me too…

Hi - from the YouTrack item:

The solution is to delete the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Plug-ins folder. Knowing that will also delete any per-user plug-in registrations for 3rd party plug-ins, and you’ll need to reload them by hand.
Or you can delete the registry entry for just this plugin.

-wim

This doesn’t seem to work… (deleted in every version of Rhino, still get the error)

Deleting plugins that I use doesn’t seem like a solution (!)
…unless there is an easy way to reinstall all the plugins?

It’s not the solution - it’s a work-around.

As David wrote:

I suggest that you just leave it the way it is until @brian gets it fixed.
-wim

1 Like

The solution is to uninstall Rhino WIP, then reinstall it. Right now, it lives in C:\Program Files\Rhino WIP, and that’s the source of the problem. If you remove it, and reinstall the latest one, it will move to C:\Program Files\Rhino 7 WIP and things will start working as expected again.

There’s nothing I can do to fix this for you.

@brian Thanks! Uninstalling and reinstalling Rhino WIP resolved the issue.