Link with Revit

Hi,

Thanks for a great post. Here’s some of my thoughts and suggestions for you to consider. Let me know if you agree or disagree.

1. Yes, it’s fair that my plugin hasn’t done a great job at aggregating similar types within a family when generating in Revit. This is something I have a strategy to implement. But typically users would already have the types (nested within a family) loaded in Revit, and if you use a consistent naming convention this will be used when my plugin imports. If you try this and it doesn’t work, let me know. In the revit project you posted, I didn’t see families loaded.

I am planning on opening up the profile catalog. Shortly it will be a set of IFC files (and you can redirect it to your own folder). If you can share the dimensions of Korean profiles I will gladly add them (and you can also generate them as per here: GeometryGym custom profiles)

1. I have a contrary point of view on the benefits of a live link. Sure, it works fast on the simple, limited number of parts shown in their demo models, but it slows to a lag on a real size project. You posted a sample project, how does the tekla live link perform with this size model? Of course it is in the best interest for Graphisoft and Trimble to have their application running the entire time with Rhino. I have no such motivation. And with Revit, even dynamo has a run button to try and discourage constant model manipulation. My strategy also permits users to run rhino/Grasshopper without even having Tekla, Revit or ARCHICAD installed.

2. I attached some comments and suggestions into the gh script explaining the reasons behind the behaviour or some suggestions.

Let me know if this helps. I look forward to discussing further,

Jon

BasicElement.gh (24.3 KB)
Column&Beam_Slanted.gh (24.5 KB)