I am trying to link a team to a domain as described here:
I’m fairly familiar with OpenID Connect and the backend configuration.
DNS Text record works as expected. I can also use google as login provider. But if I configure a custom provider I always get an
The endpoint url for the chosen login method could not be reached.
However, I am very confident that the endpoint is available under the given URL. We use it for a bunch of other services as well. I also tested several variants with/without
/.well-known/openid-configuration and trailing slash, nothing works.
Any hint on how I could debug this?
Is it actually a connectivity problem or can this also be caused by an issue deeper in the configuration?
Can anyone confirm that custom providers work for them?
I also tried to log all incoming request at the OpenID backend. It indeed doesn’t receive any request when I try to enable the configuration. So it is probably not a protocol/configuration issue, but actually a connectivity problem.
@will - is this something you can help with?
Hi @Florens are you able to share the URL that you’re entering? Alternatively, you can contact us via email.
@will I’ve sent the URL and other configuration details as direct message.
Thanks @Florens. I’ll try to reproduce the error you’re seeing and we’ll go from there.
Thank you for your patience while we figure out why this isn’t working correctly. I’ve tracked it down to an issue with Rhino Accounts not handling the forward slashes in your endpoint URL. I’ll keep you posted as we look into fixing this issue.
Hi @Florens, this limitation has now been removed. You should be able to link your domain now. Please reach out if you run into any other problems.
One tip: after saving the domain-linked configuration, open a different browser and confirm that you can login and link your organisation account successfully. This is to make sure that you don’t lose access to your Rhino account in the event that something is misconfigured. (But if you do, we’re here to help.)
Thank you @will, everything works now, problem solved.