Line tangent to circle and ortho on, line wont travel ortho

Hi
V5
I need to draw a line tan from circle and heading due east on ortho view top, but despite ortho being highlighted, it wont constrain to left right movement.

What is happening ?

Steve

I guess this is the way it is supposed to behave, as ortho might interfere with the “tagent from line” line commands.
What you want to do is easy to obtain drawing a simple line from the circle using “quad” snap and “ortho”.

cheers, Norbert

Hi,
Mmmm… I thought Quads occured at 12 3 6 and 9 oclock on a circle, and couldnt be found outside of those locations. This circle being drawn perp from line of angle 39 deg.

Now an experiment, draw a circle, rotate it about its centre by say 5 degrees, quad is still at top, so quad is an ortho 12 3 6 and 9 oclock position on a circle, as opposed to related to its construction. I learn something every day :smile:

Steve

Quad is normally in relation to the active CPlane. --Mitch

But if you are not wanting to draw the line in exact ORTHOGONAL direction, why do you thing ORTHO would help?

Norbert

Thank god it is!
Norbert

Hi.

eh ?

I was wanting to draw in exact ortho.

With me thinking ortho was a fixed 4 point location on a circle and not always related to ortho, with my circle having been rotated a bit, I didnt consider ortho, now I will,

Whatever rotation is given to a circle, ortho will always be at 12 3 6 and 9 oclock, I understand. (now).

.and thank god it is.

Steve