Line segment placed at exact spot

I have been thinking on how to manage this but haven’t come up with a simple exact solution. Let’s say I have a 2mm vertical line that I want to be placed between two other lines which are angled and I want the 2mm line to be placed where the two angled lines are exactly 2 mm apart. Anyone with a trick or a solution?

Hello- offset one line by 2 units - place the 2 unit line at the intersection of the offset and the other angled line.

-Pascal

1 Like

see the point, thanks for the input. The example is that of trailing edge of an airfoil in which neither lines are straight and and I was tryng to find where the trailing edge would be exactly the thikness I need.

Hello- Offset one curve, then Int and Perp osnaps should do it:

-Pascal

Thanks Pascal, in that way I would have the desired distance perpendicuar to the line but what if I would like to have the exact distance along the vertical axis. it seems it would a tiny bit off. Am I right or am I not seeing the point

Hello- if the line must be vertical, copy each curve in the vertical direction by 2 units then draw the line from Int to Int:

-Pascal

1 Like

clever;-) thanks for your help. Will do