Lil' Help please GH Definition Denied

I have a Designer account and have a consultant hired that is GREAT at Grasshopper but new to Shapediver. We know the basics of what to do/not to do but my definition is getting denied due to a script and I have no idea which part is the problem area.

Can anyone give me advice on how to locate and resolve the issue? Thank you!

Your model 20220720_master_nohuman contains scripts that could not be validated for use on ShapeDiver. This could be because of one or several reasons described in [this support article.]

If you are not sure about what causes the problem or how to circumvent it, please describe the issue on our Support Forum. We’ll do our best to help you to provide assistance!

Best,

The ShapeDiver Team

One of the python scripts from your definition is attempting to save a file to the local file system. That is not permitted on the ShapeDiver servers. If you want to setup a file output workflow, you should use one of the export components from the ShapeDiver plugin.

Additionally, I noticed that your definition contains a huge number of python scripts, which is likely to hurt the performance of the online model. I suggest avoiding scripts when you can by using standard Grasshopper components or components from the list of plugins we support.

Thanks for the reply Mathieu… Been up all night trying to sort this out. I saw the same thing and removed the attempt to save to a local path. I have also cut out a bunch of processes surrounding trying to make the .pdf and used the Shapediver components instead.

I am getting closer- but not there yet. Now the error message says

The model could not be confirmed because it took too long to compute a solution on our servers. Your account is limited to 10000 milliseconds of computation (the model took 10987 milliseconds).

Model uuid: 96de803c-11f3-44e0-a05e-d58f16d80223

Model guid: fb4b8a9f-f524-49de-a4c3-b7c40662fbee

28% of the computation time is in meshing two mirrored Lofted surfaces. They are mirrored before they are meshed which ai believe is the most efficient. I have been told that doing a Sweep1 vs a Loft command may be helpful, would like to hear your opinion on how to reduce computation time.

My .GH developer is on holiday and so I am trying to teach myself Grasshopper through debugging a definition that I didn’t write. Not the ideal scenario!. Any help is appreciated. I had a good talk with Ezequiel Sunday about the future collaboration, and grabbing a consultation package once my Grasshopper Developer returns, but in the mean time, I just want to see this work so I can show it off to the web-team. Have Shopify consultation inf a few hours,and would love to have this uploaded prior. Many thanks!

Some things to try:

• I would actually first Mesh and then Mirror, meshing is the expensive operation here. Alternatively, you could try using the Loft Mesh component from the plugin (start from polylines and work with reasonably sized meshes from the start).
  • Instead of instantiating all mirrored surfaces, you could attach transformations to your geometry, which would reduce the amount of output data.
  • As much as possible replace all these python scripts with compiled components.

If you are not familiar with those optimization concepts, you are running a little tight I believe. Maybe consider doing the Shopify meeting with a simplified model with sample inputs and outputs, it does not necessarily need to happen with the final geometry.

Thanks Mathieu, I sorted this out a good bit and got it to load finally. Noted on Attach transformations, and I did mesh before mirror too.