License expired in advance

we have users who experience this problem with the checkout mode.
Their activations in Checkout mode expire before 15 days.
What could be the cause?
25-06-2018%2012-58-13

Thanks

Hi @josep_rexach,

What service release of Zoo 6 are you using (Help > About)?

What version and service release of Rhino is expiring early?

Before a checked out license expires, Rhino displays a warning message indicating this. Are you see these messages?

Untitled

– Dale

Hi Dale,

Thanks for the Reply,
attached the requested information:

Rhino version-> 6 SR5 (6.5.18155.13161, 04/06/2018)
Zoo version-> 6 SR5 (6.5.18102.04091, 12/04/2018)
Message shown in a window: the license validation grace period has expired.
You must validate your license in order to save.

Hi @josep_rexach,

The error messge has nothing to do with a checked out Zoo license that is expiring. It is indicating the the ilcense used by the user has not been validated. Are you sure this system is using the Zoo?

– Dale

Ok, If the user uses Rhino with ZOO in Checkout mode without activating Rhino previously,
Could this error appear?

The message comes from Rhino probably, because Rhino blocks the save options and Plug-Ins.

Thanks

I don’t see how that would be possible.
When a license is added to the Zoo, there is no validation grace period. It must be validated right then or it does not get added to the Zoo.

When a license is added to a workstation, (not the Zoo), there is a 30-day validation grace period. We see this error when the user either ignores the requests to validate their license, or they don’t run Rhino on that computer during that grace period, then they get that error.

The fix is to delete the hidden LIC file, start up Rhino, and configure the license.
The file to delete is:
%ProgramData%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\License Manager\Licenses*.lic

RH-47469 is fixed in the latest Service Release Candidate

Hello all,
I am having this issue as well. I have a checked out license on a Zoo server, as indicated on the software I am running. It is still valid for a number of weeks. Yet I am getting the message about my license not being validated, and I can no longer save files. I was using the software and saving fine yesterday, so this is new.

THIS IS AN URGENT ISSUE since I am working on a deadline due tomorrow. Please help.

You probably need to contact the administrator of the Zoo server.