Lens length for rendering

i guess there’s no real way to test or show this in a succinct manner until maybe we get some computers hooked up to our eyeballs :eyes: :computer:

but in anecdotal test form:
if i look straight ahead and place my right hand on my right ear, i can’t see it…
then, while continuing to look straight ahead, i begin moving my hand outwards to the right from my ear, i can see it when it’s ~2’ away… to me at least, my total field of view is way wider than that of a 24mm lens…

there isn’t any detail that far out in the peripheral but my eyes are still receiving perceptible information from that area…

i’m not sure what you mean by ‘enlargement’… are you saying that when looking through a camera with a 43mm lens that the objects will appear the same size as if we weren’t looking through the lens? because if so, the viewfinders also have various magnification (enlargement?) factors… or- i can look through a 50mm lens on camera-A and it looks different (smaller or larger) than a 50mm lens on cameraB… (but the pictures will be identical when printed at the same size)

same goes for the final image… you can enlarge a print for example… but that’s nothing to do with focal length.