Leader text position

Rhino is halfway between being technical and artistic software. Technical industries like engineering I think have a more standard nomenclature than artistic industries like jewelry (where each region has its own terms and even its own ways of measuring the size of a ring), because technical terms have a lower range of synonyms because they are more concrete and more recent. I mean, I’m not so sure there are such global conventions. The language is more spaghetti than Grasshopper.

Meh, it takes you 20 seconds to figure out the different options. If it doesn’t do what you expect, you use the opposite option. That’s why this in particular seems unimportant to me, even though it’s an important issue in general.

Putting icons like in the example you showed would be great as a general solution. Also tooltips or links to detailed explanations.

1 Like

I truly enjoyed moving this video. As a naval architect/ engineer, I would welcome very much utilities in Rhino to make technical drawings. It can be done but cumbersome. Like writing a text while the characters are not a font but a set of lines. Why not improving on this and adding tools for welding symbols, section symbols etc. When starting with Rhino I learned a lot from this tutorail
You the user struggling tough with adding text. in this part.
There has not been much improvement on this side since that tutorail was made.

1 Like