Layout view with details Lagging

All,

I am having an issue with lagging in the layout view. Panning, zooming dragging objects are the most noticeably affected.

The model itself (viewed in perspective view for example) is a simple one and has no noticeable lag. The layout view in question has about 5 separate details in it. I have other models with more that lag more. All of the different details are being used to generate images to go into an assembly manual.

Should I be putting only one detail per layout sheet?

Does this sound like a Rhino issue or a system issue. I’m running windows 7 pro on a Lenovo E431 with an i7 and it is the fastest computer i have owned to date. Running even my largest models very snappily even in shaded render view mode.

Thanks

Hi Moose- can you send the simplest model that you have that shows the problem to tech@mcneel.com, att’n: pascal, and I’ll take a look. If the file is large, SaveSmall, Zip, and upload via www.rhino3d.com/upload

thanks,

-Pascal

Pascal,

I have just uploaded a simple model that demonstrates the issue on my machine to the rhino3d.com/upload link you provided. The layout space is moderately laggy in this file on my machine. Enough to make one frustrated.