Layout text not updating on screen

That was the first thing I did, saved as a V6 on the template.

I was able to use a Windows Surface last week and I did not experience any of the problems mentioned above. Even printing the layout with the background bitmap worked wonderfully fine, eliminating the need to add a “picture” before printing.

I wonder if there is something goofy in your PLIST.
Rhino V6 shares the PLIST with V5.

Perhaps resetting the PLIST will sort the behavior.
https://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/mac/resetprefs

I did that in the beginning, as you had mentioned before. Just did it again, hoping it might help, but have my doubts.
Other than changing the display background to solid color black, I haven’t changed any of the other attributes.

Today it happened again. I opened the file, went to layouts, clicked the text that needed updated, typed the new info, when deselecting the text it goes back to the original text. So I create a copy of that text (option-drag) type the new text on the copied object and then it works… :exploding_head:
Only happens on Layouts!
Here is the video of it :

Thanks!

I believe you.
I don’t need a video.
What happens if you restart your Mac?

Ohh, I deleted the bugged text already and had closed that file. I restarted
and reopened that file it didn’t happen again.
Next time it happens I’ll restart the computer to see if helps. It is so random when this happens!!

I can’t tell if some odd and as yet unknown sequence of events leaves Rhino in a strange state. Restarting Rhino or the computer should sort that.
If the odd behavior sticks around, then resetting the PLIST; as recommended earlier, would be a potential remedy.

The real trick here is to figure out what needs to happen to get Rhino in the odd behavior state.

this has happened to me lots, try updating text, it reverts back to original text 🤷

I am having th same problem, also using Rhino 6 (6.31.20315.17002, 2020-11-10)

I try to adjust a text in the file, and as soon as I deselect, all the changes are undone. Tried many times with just one or several instances, it pops back every time. A-40-P-0200.3dm (5.6 MB)