Layout space --> Model space?

I know there is the ChangeSpace command to change an object from model space to layout space - but what about the other way? ChangeSpace doesn’t seem to work this way and if a different command exists, I haven’t found it…

Hi Mitch - it does go both ways. You pick the objects in layout , Enter, then pick a detail, and poof…

-Pascal

Poof is correct. I tried that and I can’t find the object anywhere in my model space…

Oi. So it goes away from Layout but does not show up in Model space? That certainly seems buggish - can you send me a file?

-Pascal

Will try to set an example up as soon as I get through here…

OK, now it seems to have mysteriously started working… don’t know what I was doing wrong before.

BTW, the prompts really need to be better somehow. If you want to send something from a layout back to model space, the prompt “Select target detail view” does not really indicate that the selected objects will move to model space…

1 Like

What value do you enter for the “Select target detail view” for modelspace vs layout? I have tried World, model, model space, layout, etc.

Hello - if your question is about ChangeSpace and you are starting with a selection of geometry that exists in the layout page, then select any detail view to have the geometry moved into the model space with that detail view direction ‘looking at it’.

Does that answer the question?

-Pascal

Yep! Looks like I have to type “Top” then hit enter twice for some reason, but it works.

Just pick the detail view rectangle:

Animation