Layout HideObject confusion

rhino6

Hello,

I would like to suggest number of things for layout. When I go to the layout and click in the detail and press the “Swap hidden and visible objects” all Details on layout will disappear instead of just the current 3D view in the Detail. Also when I press “Swap hidden and visible objects” in model view and switch back to layout view again the whole layout is empty. I think it would be better to handle Layout and Model view separately.

It is also difficult to select object what to unhide in details. We can hide them all easily, but when we want to unhide only one object it does not work, and all previously hidden object will be visible even without pre-selection to give the possibility to group them temporarily while we make some adjustments.

(Pascal Golay) #2

Hi onrender -

I see the HideSwap problem - thanks for pointing that out. That is, I can see that it is probably better to Hide-Swap per active space but- what should happen in a layout with a detail selected but not active? I’d expect, if nothing is currently hidden in layout, that everything should disappear, and in the modeling viewports there would be no change - is that correct, according to you? If a detail is active then HideSwap should apply to model space only - is that what you’d expect?

Use ShowSelectedInDetail for the second problem - does that do what you need?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

ShowSelectedInDetail helps, that is what I was looking for.

Regarding the questions:
“what should happen in a layout with a detail selected but not active?”

• Just remain untouched. Everything is visible except hidden objects.

I’d expect, if nothing is currently hidden in layout, that everything should disappear, and in the modeling viewports there would be no change - is that correct, according to you?

• Yes, that’s correct.

If a detail is active then HideSwap should apply to model space only - is that what you’d expect?

• That’s correct.