Layout & Drafting: What's the plan?

I have never understood why Blocks were never taken seriously.
Seeing what’s in a block isn’t very difficult.
Here I made a simple “print block content and 1 level sub content” script just to check it out:

I really wish our Block needs could be taken seriously.

(Edit: This was just a test for this perticular block as I didn’t cover other elements in that script at all)

2 Likes

Uh oh… Wrong thread :slight_smile:
Plus if you fire me up on the Blocks topic, we can be here all night !

4 Likes

Hehe, it was just related to your post one hour ago:

Oh yeah, but this is nothing compared to the moronic block editor interface.

Feel free to chime in on that one too.

1 Like

I would say I’m responsible for a lot of these features. I read all of these posts.

1 Like

don’t want to try Make2D on that either :grimacing:

First question : have you ever been in a position where you needed to produce drawings/plans/documentation… from a 3D model ?

1 Like

Yes, for over a decade. I don’t have the energy to get into it with you today, sorry.

ah, that’s great to hear, so what’s your opinion on this topic, are these request anywhere feasible for the near future? And how is this considered in terms of importance in relation to all the other stuff that you do, because that seems to be more than a day-task…

Hello,
For me it is essential having hatched sections, the possibility to create not only a straight section, create round and polygonal detail views…

What decade ? Did computers exist ?

2 Likes

beautiful work! … and an impressive use of gh as well

Starting to get the hang of it.
At a McNeel Europe training in Barcelona, I recently told David that his work had changed my work life.
Grasshopper puts the fun back into modeling, and allows to muscle-up your brains, leveraging at last that old math from College.
I sure wish he was in charge of more stuff at McNeel…

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, are you also responsible for the Blocks ?

very true, it brings all sorts of challenging puzzles to the game :slight_smile:

I have a feeling this stuff will get done, after V7, step by step, and by also bringing new people to solve it:

3 Likes

Allways the usual charmer, isn’t he? :grin:

Now that’s just mean. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Why ? Don’t you like the Blocks in Rhino ?

The mention of blocks in any thread on this forum should come with a trigger warning! :scream:

2 Likes