Langage issue when reinstalling RHINO 6

Hi,

I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled RHINO 6 (latest version donwloaded from Rhino website) on my computer and since i’ve a langage issue. Rhino 6 display text in french (tab,…) and english (menu,…). I’ve tried several time to install the program with no luck. What can i do to fix this ?

Thank you,

regards,

Christophe Poirier

In Options>Appearance, what languages are installed and which is Rhino set to run in?

Thank you for your reply Helvetosaur. I only have Français (France) in this list.

Hmm, OK, it sounds like Rhino is having trouble loading the French interface - although the toolbar file does seem to get translated oddly enough. With Rhino closed, if you go to Windows control panel>Programs, find Rhino 6 in the list of installed programs and right click on it, and choose “Change”, then in the dialog that comes up, punch the “Repair” button - does that sort it out?

I’ve tried the repair function and restart the computer… but no change, i still have a French/English mix.

OK, don’t know what’s happening there. If you navigate to:

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Localization

you should have a folder fr-FR

In it, do you see the following?

Note AppData/Roaming is a hidden folder, to get there, at the Windows start button type %appdata% then navigate from there.

In the drawer AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Localization\fr-FR i can’t find the fr-fr.xml file like in the Rhino 5.0 Localization drawer. I think it could be the problem, but i don’t know how to install it !

I only have the Template Files drawer in the fr-FR drawer !

OK, that’s the problem then. I would go back to the instructions in the first post and bring up the “Uninstall>Modify>Repair” dialog again. Then instead of Repair, hit “Modify”.

Punch the “Select languages” button and see what is checked (probably just French). I would make sure French is checked and also English (even if you won’t use it).

Then close the language choice, and hit the ‘Install now’ button. Any better?

No change here after the repair operation. I’ve tried to switch to English then switch to French but not change. I still don’t have the xml file in the localization drawer.

I found a link for Rhino 5 localization file, is there a link to download the Rhino 6 version ? thx

Sorry, I don’t know any way of getting the language packages for V6 as a direct download. I guess you tried re-downloading the French version from the website and simply launching the installer (without uninstalling Rhino first)?

In the en-US folder, are all the files there?

Is this an evaluation version or have you bought a license?

I already reloading the French version from the website with no luck. In the en-US folder, there no file either. I have a license for Rhino 4, 5 and 6. That’s a very strange problem, maybe i could try the evaluation version and register my license in it.

Here you say “repair” when Helvetosaur suggested “Modify”. Did you actually use modify and that was just a typo?

Hi AIW,

In fact i’ve tried both with no change.

Hmm, sorry, I’ve basically run out of ideas of things to try here… :confounded:

– aside from trying a completely clean uninstall and a new re-install.

Thanks Helvetosaur… it was the solution in fact… I’ve all rhino in French now… have a nice week-end !

:+1:t3:

1 Like