Karamba Steel Sections

Hi,

I’m aware that Karamba has a list of sections for Europe and UK, and performs some checks to Eurocode, though I’m wondering if anyone has seen any scripts or has any information about being able to generate Australian Sections, Built up I sections, and work with Australian codes at all within Karamba?

Thanks.

Hi Ben,
you can create custom I-sections using the ‘Cross Sections’-component. For generating Australien sections you need to know the corresponding cross section dimensions.
Via the ‘Generate Cross Section Table’-component they can be written to a csv-file for later use.
The cross section utilization is calculated in Karamba3d using Eurocode 3.
Best,
Clemens

Thanks Clemens,

Looks like I’d need to write a script to get an Australian Standards solution, though the CSV. file would be very useful to at least get the sections in there!

Thanks!

Ben

Hi,
i’m a similar problem…i want import a new cross section with a double L shape (T shape). I have understood that i must use the ‘Generate Cross Section Table’-component but i woud like know what are the information to enroll in the csv.file in order to define a new shape and then optimize the width and the thickness. Please, Clements can you show me an axample? if i write a csv.file, how can i import this to Karamba3D?
Thanks

There are example files in the Karamba installation that you can refer to:
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Karamba\CrossSections.

Please also see https://manual.karamba3d.com/3-in-depth-component-reference/3.3-cross-section/3.3.13-read-cross-section-table-from-file

thanks Mattew,
but in the Karamba installation there are example about “modify cross section”-component that there is not my case.
If i want import a new cross section i must use “read cross section table”- component or “generate cross section table”-component? With the farmer i can read a table that contains definitions for a range of standard steel profiles but i want import a new one.
Can you give me the passages in order to enroll my new section please?
thanks

Hi @raffaele.cucuzza,

Sorry, i did not see that the csv is no longer saved there. But you can check the format of the csv format by exporting a list of Karamba3D cross sections to see how the table should be formated.

Hello,

When making a table for custom C-sections, Karamba does not recognise a C-shape in the shape-column. Is it ok if I implement it as an I-shape, but make sure all other parameters correspond with the C-sections properties? Or will this make a difference?

Thank you,

this old discussion may be relevant:

1 Like