Karamba Load combination example- F1, F1, F1,

unhandled

Hi,
I spent few hours exploring load cases and load combination in Karamba. I read through manual and I could not understand it. I am just wondering if anybody could point me to a video or an example about karamba with load combination explanation. Appreciate your help.
Thanks

(Matthew Tam) #2

Hi @Manoochehr_a,
there is no inbuilt method to create load combinations. You will need to set it up in your scipt using manual multiplication methods to be able to calculate Load combinations. We are hoping to include this in future releases.
best,
Matthew

(Rayaanajouz) #3

Hi,

I am using the OptiCrossSec component to optimize my structures.

However i was wondering if i can use the deflection constraint for only certain “loadcombinations” that are SLS and it woudl ignore ULS combination. For ULS combinations it would only determine utilization.

Is something like that possible?

Best regards,
Rayaan

Hi Rayaanajouz,
at the moment (Karamba3D 1.3.1) this is not possible. It is however on my TODO-list for the next release.
Best,
Clemens

(E M Vanderpas) #5

Hi,

I have a question, are there at the moment further outputs to complete load combinations?

Best regards,
Eef

Hi E M Vanderpas,
one can use the ‘LCFactor’-input of the ‘ModelView’-component to superimpose different load-cases with user specified load-factors.

Best,
Clemens