Karamba beam column connectivity

Hello all,
I am modelling a 3D structural model, which consists of columns, beams (forming protal frames), slabs, and shear wall. Currently I am still in 2D mode because I want to test the model step-by-step.
I want to know how I can make the connection between beams and columns into a hinged one (bending moments at the two ends of the member will be 0) instead of rigid (moment resistant), because I think based on the model view, grasshopper assumes fixed connection between my column and beams because they share the same nodes.
Thanks in advance.

You need to set separate Element IDs for the beams and columns. Then you can use the BeamJoints to release joints in certain directions & axis. You can refer to the Beam Joints example definition that is included in the installation package.

Hello matthew, I couldn’t find the example file anywhere, can you please share it with me? thank you

Hi, if you look in C:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 5 (64-bit)\Plug-ins\Karamba\Examples\TestExamples\Beam_Joint there are many examples of how to define joints.

Beam_JointAgent.gh (15.4 KB)