Kangaroo packing

unhandled

(Zaheed2611) #1

Dear David,

I am developing a research wherein one of my objectives is to be able to achieve collision between random shapes. I have developed an algorithm using kangaroo in order to stack them using the collider component

The difficulty I am facing is stacking in the following 3 aspects, it would be great if the community too could help me out with these:

1. stacking on a funicular surface ensuring planarity of the pieces

2. edge to edge stacking so that the edges with similar lengths align against each other

3. introduce circles in the stacking process so as to generate voids

Capsules in glass
(David Rutten) #2

(moved to new topic).

(Tim Stark) #3

Same as on your old thread, upload your definition …

But to your questions 1 and 2:
Why you want to pack random pieces and after that you want to align them so every edge has the same length. Picture 2 just looks like a simple voronoi to me. And this could be easily done on a surface.
And random ngons won’t be planar on a curved surface, if you want a half way nice connection between. I mean there are ways to do that, but your surface or the ngons need to be made after another not random in the same time. As good as I know, may I‘m wrong.

(Zaheed2611) #4

Hi Tim,

Really sorry for not posting the file earlier as I lost a lot of my data due to a hardware issue. But here goes. Hoping you can have a look at it.Stacking.gh (99.7 KB)