Just checking back in

Hello all,

Those of you that follow the forum consistently might be wondering where I disappeared to in the last few weeks (or maybe not…). No, I wasn’t on vacation (at least not for very long) and no, I haven’t fallen gravely ill… Four weeks ago, while my wife Nicole and I were on vacation in the US, there was a fire in the adjoining house that spread to ours (common walls). Pretty much everything we had was destroyed in the fire, and our two beautiful cats also lost their lives.

So for the last few weeks we have been working pretty much nonstop to put our lives back together, which is why I haven’t had the time or energy to engage in one of my heretofore favorite activities – namely, hanging out in here.

We’ve made a lot of progress in the last couple of weeks, we have moved into a new semi-permanent apartment to live in while we rebuild, bought some new furniture and adopted two new cats from a rescue organization… We are lucky to be living in the area we do, we have had incredible support from the town and the local people and everything is very well organized by the insurance company and the local authorities.

Both Nicole and I both started back to work today, so things should start to normalize a bit, I hope. But a lot of the time I used to spend here will still need to be devoted to the reconstruction, so I can’t promise to be as prolific as I was for the near future. I am very sad to be missing out on the early V6 development, but that’s just the way it is… I will slowly start to try and catch up over the next few weeks.

I just wanted to let people here know the reason for my sudden disappearance… Even though we have our ups and downs, we’re OK and are insistent on remaining positive about the whole thing – there are far worse things happening to lots of innocent people in many other parts of the world. We are intent on rebuilding, but our finances will take a very big hit in the process, so I don’t really know yet how it’s all going to end up.

If you would like to contact me, instead of responding to this pretty much off-topic thread, perhaps use a PM instead. I will try to respond to all as best I can, but it may take awhile…

Best regards to all, take care

–Mitch

Mitch,

Glad to see you’re back. This place would not be the same without you. I always read your posts when I get here. I can’t think of anybody in any forum I’ve ever been in that is more level-headed and helpful than you. I’m so sad to hear about your beloved cats. Rebuilding won’t be easy, but we’ll be pulling for you.

Jim

I think this is exactly the place for this…

6 Likes

Glad to hear you are OK. Very sorry to hear of the loss of your cats and property. We’ll try our best to needle them about V6 for you during your rebuilding :wink:

Sorry to ear that Mitch, an event like this has side effects for years

Glad to hear you are OK, all the best in the coming time to get back up an running!

Hi Mitch, i´m sorry to hear what happened and that you lost both beloved fellows. I know how this feels. Great you are back, alive and healthy. All the best for the future !

greetings,
clement

Hello Mitch,

I feel with you.
The cats are the hardest part of that story - machines and things are replaceable, and the additional work is done sooner or later.

-C-H-A-R-L-E-S-