Jumpy mouse with Osnap active

Hello there!

I am having this weird issue when any tool is active with osnap. The mouse starts moving erratically when trying tu use any osnap while inputing reference points in a command, for example, while traying to start a line from and midpoint the mouse goes all over the place and it doesnt register the left click of the mouse like 95% of the time.

I am using Rhino 5 SR14 (5.14.522.8390) I only have Vray installed.
I tried changing mouses, updated video drivers, closed and opened Rhino but the problem persists. I dont have this problem in any other software.
Is there anything that can be done?

Thank you!

Windows 10 1903
Ryzen Threadripper 2950
RTX 2070 Super
GTX 1070 Ti

Hello - please try, just as a test, disabling the VRay plug-ins (I think there are two) in Options > PLug-ins page and then restarting Rhino - any different?

-Pascal

Hello Pascal,

Thanks for replying.

I’ve disabled Vray for rhino (just found one) and restarted Rhino for it to take effect.
Right now is fine but is a problem that is not present from the start. It kind of adds up over time.

I’ll keep you posted.

• Eduardo

While V-Ray was disabled I couldn’t get the problem to appear, and if it was enabled, it did. It might have something to do with V-Ray. I will also try the common drivers fro Nvidia and not the “Studio” versions.

If I find a workaround or soultion I’ll post it here.

-Eduardo

Have you checked if your Grid Snap is on?

Actually never mind, that mouse is crazy :smiley: