Joining Points in Consecutive Branches (is there a neater way?)

Good Evening Forum,

A quick and simple query:

I am joining sets of parallel points along curves (see attached); I have successfully done so, but wonder if there is a way which uses less repetitive line components?

Kindest,
JJC.

004_F_180823_Curve-organise_01.gh (144.2 KB)

Relative Items is a great component. Its what first got me hooked on working with trees.

3 Likes

That looks like what I’m looking for!

It did feel as though there would be something!

Thanks for sharing.

This will get you up to speed.

1 Like

Hey Rickson,

I hope you don’t mind me asking this also (I looked around and couldn’t find solution):

Is there also a way to automate consecutive items from ‘List Item’ and ‘Tree Path’ selector components (ie. to select 0, then 1, then 2 - in the ‘i’ and ‘P’ inputs respectively)?

004_F_180823_Curve-organise_02.gh (151.4 KB)

004_F_180823_Curve-organise_diagram-02

I know I can go inside the ‘i’ and ‘P’ and set multiple inputs and paths manually (see image) but then if I change the the number of curves and line branches elsewhere in the script I would have to come back and manually update the multiple inputs.

Is there a simple way to do automate all items in the list and branch consecutively?

004_F_180823_Curve-organise_diagram-02-b

Headed out the door.

Join the lines and use a Curve Curve Intersection. Graft one tree vs the other.

1 Like

Relative Item is nice. For the sake of learning here is two other small ways.

lines.gh (145.6 KB)

2 Likes

I believe Micheal covered what you were going for with the Curve Line intersection, no?

I don’t think I did, I just showed two other ways to achieve what the relative item method was doing.

Hey Rickson - I managed to achieve what I need using your suggestion to join the lines and use curve curve intersection.

Thanks again, very much, for your help.