Amazon Go is looking for a Senior Store Prototyping Designer.
As a Store Prototyping Designer for Amazon Go, you devise brilliant methods of testing concepts through creative prototyping techniques. As part of this team, you develop mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate and test design concepts, interactions, and construction methods. You work in close collaboration with industrial designers, store experience designers, product managers, and cross-functional technology partners. You craft interactive physical design solutions that incorporate all the design details that matter most to Amazon Go customers, store associates, and technologists and produce them at the right fidelity. You build in new ideas, technologies, and ingenious ways for customers to interact with your prototypes. You’ll be hands-on at every step of the prototyping process, shepherding ideas from the design concept phase through mockups, piloting, production, delivery, and ongoing iteration.
- Take designs from concepts to technical modeling in the appropriate software, through to completed prototypes.
- Ensure that customer and store associate needs, along with design, construction, and technology requirements, are accounted for in your designs.
- Work with design, research, and testing teams to weave new insights from our prototypes into final, production-ready designs.
- Lead and collaborate with prototype suppliers to achieve high standards for design integrity, engineering quality, and efficiency.
- Participate in cross-functional strategy, timing, and process decisions.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Industrial Design, Technical Design, or a related advanced production design field with 5+ years of working experience.
- Design, technical knowledge, and working experience related to all phases of the development process including ideation, prototyping, testing, manufacturing, and assembly.
- High level of skill producing, interpreting and working with technical drawings and operating industry-standard drafting and design tools.
- Experience working directly with suppliers in the development and prototyping of store designs or related physical customer experiential environments, as well as leading prototyping and fabrication vendors. Highly creative, self-motivated, and enjoy independently running multiple parallel-path projects.