The Alfred Wegener Institute Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research (AWI) is well known for its contributions to research in the fields of global environment, geo systems, and climate.
ELiSE Leichtbau is a technology brand of the AWI. The ELiSE team focuses on lightweight design and optimization based on the biologic research on algae skeletons and collaborates with major companies in the automotive and aerospace industry, among others.
The Bremerhaven (Germany) team is searching for a software developer as soon as possible for the following tasks:
- contribution to the development of a modular software architecture for the parametric generation and assessment of geometries
- assistance in the development of a Grasshopper plugin
- design of an upcoming software in a planned start-up
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (or similar) in a study program related to computer science or engineering
- advanced knowledge of C#
- experience with microservice architectures
- experience with graphics applications
- experience in agile software development with continuous integration
- experience in CAD kernels (RhinoCommon, Parasolid,…)
The job offer is limited until August 31, 2019, with the option of a long-term extension and the prospect of a key developer position in the start-up.
If you are interested in a challenging software development in an open-minded, young group, please contact AWI directly or find further information on the position (in German): https://www.awi.de/nc/arbeiten- lernen/jobs/stellenangebote/software-entwicklerin.html
Posted Jun 11, 2018 by Carlos Perez on Rhino News, etc.