Jagged lines in Rendered View using Grasshopper Custom View

Hi there,

I am trying to use the Rendered View of Rhino to display a simple geometry (a colored sphere in below example) using the Custom Preview component of Grasshopper. See attached .gh file.

1.gh (8.3 KB)

When I move the slider (which changes radius and color) the sphere is displayed smootly in Shaded View. But it has jagged lines (coarse render mesh) in Rendered View.

ViewCapture20211109_090224

What is even stranger is that when switching from Shaded View to Rendered View the image is ok… until I use the number slider.

ViewCapture20211109_090311

That does not make sense to me at all… can someone please help me on what to do to get smooth Rendered view using the Custom Preview component?

Background is that I want to use the output of the rendered view for an animation - but currently this is not possible because every automatically output frame has these jagged lines.

Thanks and kind regards,

Oliver

1 Like

Hello Oliver, here just to promote your post a little bit. Always facing that issue, and have no idea how to fix this.

Thanks @dfytz1 - I hope that someone already has a solution for that issue. I assume that many users would like to use this.

1 Like

@dfytz1 I think I just found a Youtube video with the solution. You need a MeshBrep Component before the Custom Preview.

See here… starting around 1:11

In my test case it works great. Please let me know if it works for you as well.

Thank you Ore! That will be helpful for sure!