Hi, I’m having a little problem generating a series of clean sections of a mesh model.
Issue 1 -
- The mesh model is a section of a town - the buildings and land surface have been joined together. (Separated Building and land are available on a different layer incase anyone downloads the file.)
- I added sides and a base to the undulating mesh surface using mesh edge lines, so i can generate sections with a closed loop.
- I am able to generate the sections using the mesh/plane intersection component. But
- The joined land and buildings mesh are not generated as a single line. See Image 1 highlighted areas where all buildings and land surface are as separate curves. I would like these to be single continuous curves only (as outlines; what you get when you use curve boolean command on rhino)
- I would also like them to be closed curves and the option to convert them into planarsurfaces/meshes.
(I also intend to nest them and then laser cut them, although might decrease the section density for that.)
Issue 2 -
- I would like to rotate the Sections 90* degrees with their individual cut plane bases as the axis. (See Image 2)
- I have done this before using a rotate axis component, but it does not seem to be working anymore.
Sections 14 Nov Rhino - HELP.3dm (6.3 MB)
Sections 14 Nov GH - Help.gh (79.3 KB)
Would appreciate any solutions and many thanks for the help!