Isotrim help

Well … I have a variety of stuff that does this (mostly geared to Generative Components/ AECOSim - blame BIM and the likes) but is strictly internal (it handles non planar pieces “by design” … meaning K2 and other mysterious/ominous things like packing for minimal fabrication loss). Why? because when I write something I have “any” situation in mind … thus the simple may become very challenging … meaning that I should examine what I can remove and what I can post.

Other than that you need divisions on brep faces with some offset here (the panel gap + the openings/end gap that is not the same) yielding “pieces” and NOT at all a tree with iso curves that just respect the trim (as in that very simple/naive demo C#). Plus … you need a variable division policy since there’s no guarantee that the openings comply with some U/V “whole/same” panel deployment policy (having the general case in mind, that is).

So a “simple” thing may become … you know what.

Because humans are some sort of virus that consumes (i.e. destroys) everything - including the EcoSystem … until the 4 horsemen arrive and the whole soap opera starts(?) again.

1 Like

Because tents don’t have radiant heated floors and central air conditioning.

Sounds like a business opportunity right there!

1 Like

Usually they don’t! :wink:

2 Likes

How to to transform your isocurve tree in edges?

Sorry … but currently I don’t have access in that C# (and I can’t recall what it does exactly).

1 Like

You are very lucky: by miracle I found the C# in a dying laptop and added some lines more for the pieces. Note: the filter used is the inclusion of all 4 piece corners in the BrepFace (meaning that other filters are possible).

Use the same R file for the demos.

BrepFace_IsoCurves_V1A.gh (122.7 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you Man!