Is there's any way to offset Nurbs Çrv without getting Too much control Pts?

As u know offeseting a Crv casue another ome with lots of Cntrl Pts and It’s’s very handy to manipulate

Hello - use the ‘Loose’ option in Offset to get an approximate offset with the same point structure as the input.

-Pascal

MMM I know that abd @schultzeworks has a trick of moving conrong pts in U directios but It’s not accurately also

The Tolerance setting in Offset indirectly controls the number of control points. A tighter (smaller number) tolerance will usually result in more control points but the result will be closer to the exact offset. A looser (larger number) tolerance will usually result in fewer control points but the result will deviate more from the exact offset.

The offset curve from almost all NURBS curves cannot be exactly represented by a NURBS curve. Offset (and related commands) uses a sufficient number of control points so that result is within the command tolerance setting of the exact offset.

I see now and I have to learn more about the nature of nurbs topology

One source of information about how NURBS work and the associated math is https://developer.rhino3d.com/guides/general/essential-mathematics/

1 Like