Is there a keywords search to find a suitable command?

Hi,
I cannot for the life of me remember the command that tidies up the internals of an object after boolean union is done.

I wish I could type into a search box for keywords something like ’ remove internal features ’ and have it suggest a few commands that might do that.

another example…’ words …round off solid edge’ would show fillet,

and so on !

Steve

MergeAllFaces

-Pascal

The Help file does have a lot of these related names built into the commands. I think it’s called indexing but that could be wrong.
The index words aren’t editible or even displayed. They have been built up over the years, mostly by user request.

The general rule around here is if you can’t find something in the Help file, keep track of what terms you used when looking, and let @margaret know. She can add them as the Help file continues to mature.

That said, I don’t seen any good candidates in “tidies up the internals” when you’re looking for MergeFace, MergeAllFaces, MergeEdge, or MergeAllEdges

Cheers Pascal, but what of the bright idea or request, is there a keywords search, reckon it would be great, we need a memory like spock !..or yours :grin:

Steve

The Help file does have a keyword search.
The Command line autocomplete tool doesn’t. It does have a fuzzy search (on by default) but it’s not the same a a full-blown Help file.

Tap F1 and sniff around a bit.

Hi, just tried help file and entered remove internal,…donk sound… nothing.

delete internal…donk…nothing.

my brain cant think of what else to call it.

Steve

For a long time I had trouble with SrfSeam. I kept looking for Movesomething.
After a while of using it, it does get lots easier.

and another,
wish to extend a solid, type extend solid …nothing.

try extend surface but nothing selectable, so explode then extend each part hopefully the same amount and join.
…success, but prone to errors, lucky this time.

to have it say not possible, do this instead…would be useful.

Steve

MoveFace, MoveEdge, SolidPtOn (for subsequent point editing).
No question, dangling from the face of the learning curve is an uncomfortable place to be.

Try being a little more open to learning instead of struggling and being angry about the process. Once you understand what the command really does and what it is for, the names make more sense.

A good trick is to pick a command you are comfortable with, like “Line”. Then read the complete Help file article about it. I suspect you will discover new features you were not aware of.
This process has the major benefit of you learning the style of the Help file and how it is written.
Once you are comfortable with the style, then reading about new commands gets a lot easier because you understand the pattern.