Is there a better way to make scalloped edges?

In my current project, I have A LOT of joints similar to the one shown in the image here (file attached). This particular joint links plates forming a cross.

I have been taking the base shape and subtracting a scalloped shape from it. The operations are extremely slow. This makes me wonder, is there is a better way to create these kinds of shapes?

In other cases theses joint plates form curves and even complete circles.

Problem Joint.zip (6.0 MB)

I would do it with meshes as separate plates. And would skip any boolean operation. Also you can represent your geometry using polylines only. It remembers me timber plate joints:

Any brep boolean operation is super slow and buggy in rhino. So I used polylines and ear clipping for meshing.

I do not know how important for you is to have that curvy outline.

Here are some physical examples. I am trying to draw illustrations.

Hello - I’d make one repeat of the pattern, and array it, possibly as a block, to get the rest.

-Pascal

I would make each tooth as a block except the ends which change the shape a little. I don’t know the manufacturing process but during the modeling stage it will be faster using blocks instances. Once is done it can be joined together

also one thing it slows the workflow a lot is the tooth surface is a single one while it would be better in several small surfaces :

you can use the command DivideAlongCreases with SplitAtTangents=yes to solve this issue

I project a customized helix or spiral onto a plane surface to get a"scalloped shape", then make the solid pieces from that.