Is it possible to open multiple files?

I’ve just run into this problem. I had a HDD crash back in 2009 and managed to save a lot of old work but the file names are just long strings with no identification as to what they are. I don’t use AutoCAD any more, I wanted to open up all the files and save/close them one by one in the correct job folder. I never did it back then as it was a long tiresome job… Now I actually need to see if I have a particular file to compliment some photos I have for my portfolio and it’s pot luck when opening them

I have 408 files that I have no preview for so I have to open each one individually… It would have been handy if I could have done it in groups of 20-30 at a time

Oh well, better get back to it!

• I’ve just realised I can use Autodesk TrueView to do this, which only seems fair as they are old .dwg files :wink:

Hi @2DCube, I have been using Acme Cadsee for some time and works great for quickly browsing through a folder of DWG or DXF files to see what is in each file. Try it out: There is a trial download.
http://www.dwgtool.com/cadsee.htm
Michael VS

1 Like

Thank you so much for this!

You are very welcome, but I believe they ‘fixed’ Windows, so it is no longer required. You can now click on any app-icon and ANOTHER empty instance will automatically launch.

Hi @davinalyn94 and @schultzeworks
A method I’ve used for years is if you already have an instance of Rhino running then go down to the windows taskbar and middle click on the currently running Rhino tab. This will open a new rhino instance over and over each time without going to the desktop. Also works on most other windows programs. - Michael

Man! I have to thank you!